The Summit County Builders Association is a non-profit organization consisting of Builder & Associate Members who do business in Summit County.
BUILDER, REMODELER, AND DEVELOPER MEMBERS
Individuals or firms engaged in the business of building or remodeling homes and/or developing land that is zoned for building.
Individuals or firms engaged in professions related to, or concerned with, the home building industry; e.g., subcontractors, manfacturers, suppliers, title companies and Realtors as well as firms engaged in mortgage lending and commercial banking. Anyone who provides a good service to the building industry is considered an associate member.
Individuals may become Affliate Members if there is a primary builder or associate member that works for the same employer. Affiliate receive similar benefits as a primary builder or associate member but at a reduced dues amount.
The SCBA is a non-profit organization that is committed to:
Providing continued education and a forum for networking for our members
Being involved in our community and acting as a liaison between our members and the community
Representing the building industry in local government and influencing the local legislative agenda
Enhancing the public image of the building industry
Promoting sound environmental building practices and community planning
Code of Ethics:
We as members of the Summit County Builders Association believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American.
- American Homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attractive communities with education, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the free American enterprise system.
- To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improve methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American way of life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Home Builders.